PRIME POWER SYSTEMS
Operations & Sustainment (O&S) Technical Services:
We provide 24/7 monitoring and operations support for any mission or facility, anywhere in the world. We will provide a team of technicians to provide support for your Power Generation, HVAC, and Electrical systems 365 days/year to fit your schedule . We will work with you to design a staffing plan and preventative maintenance checks/services schedule to ensure your systems are operating at properly around the clock. Installation, maintenance, repair of your Power Generation, HVAC, and Electrical systems anywhere in the world. We will ensure that all equipment is maintained to meet or exceed the OEM recommendations. If a repair or overhaul is required that cannot be performed in the field, we will coordinate with you and the OEM to get the equipment to the nearest facility.
Highly skilled personnel with required certifications, training, and licensing to operate prime and/or standby power generation/distribution equipment and associated systems.
- Electrical Generating Systems Association (EGSA) Certified Power Generation Technicians
- High/Med/Low Voltage Electricians with U.S. state issued licenses of Journeyman or higher
- Licensed HVAC Technicians
- Electrical Test Technicians with NETA level III Certification or higher
- Licensed Engineers
Remote Area Operations
TDX has extensive experience working and providing technical services in remote locations around the world. We have the knowledge and experience to ensure that parts, materials, information, assistance, tooling, test equipment, and any other thing that is typically hard to get in remote locations is easily accessible to our technicians on the ground. We have a proven track record of overcoming seemingly insurmountable obstacles in the most obscure locations where technological necessities are not readily available.
TDX Global’s Quality Management plan is ISO 9001 compliant. The Quality Management system utilizes a system of standards, checklists, processes, and reviews to ensure the execution of the scope of work meets or exceeds USACE’s expectations. The Quality Management Plan provides TDX Global Solutions, LLC personnel guidance and direction with regard to policies and procedures including but not limited to document control, purchasing, training, inspections and testing.
BACKUP POWER SYSTEMS
- 24/7 Emergency Tech Support: Dial 919-309-5350 anytime to reach a Certified Power Generation Technician to help get your equipment back up and running. We have technicians strategically located to ensure they can get to you quickly.
- Generator Inspection: Multi-point visual inspection of the engine, alternator, controls, and radiator (when applicable) to ensure there is no damage or signs of excessive wear that could compromise the health and status of the system.
- ATS/Switchgear Inspection: Multi-point visual inspection of the automatic transfer switch or power switchgear to ensure there is no damage or signs of excessive wear or lose connections that could cause harm to the equipment or a person.
- UPS System Inspection: Multi-point visual inspection of the automatic transfer switch or power switchgear to ensure there is no damage or signs of excessive wear or lose connections that could cause harm to the equipment or a person.
- Level II Inspections: A more in-depth inspection of the equipment mentioned that includes testing, calibration, and fluid changes when necessary. Generator filters and fluids will be changed at intervals that meet or exceed OEM requirements. All mechanical and electrical, and electronic systems will be tested and calibrated to meet or exceed the OEM requirements.
- Fluid Sampling: Regular sampling of your equipment oil and coolant will help to identify issues before they become a problem. Samples are sent to the lab for analysis and you are provided with a report that explains the results.
- Load Bank Testing: Regular load testing of your equipment ensures your back-up power system can carry the load it was designed to carry. Conducting regular load bank testing helps to identify issues so they can be resolved prior to the next extended outage. Annual load-bank testing is also required for healthcare facilities to remain in compliance with NFPA regulations.